Friday, January 30, 2009

Every action has a consequence!!

As every mom has probably done I left my children unattended while I cleaned and tried to regain sanity. They were upstairs playing TOGETHER and not fighting, I check on them after half an hour(just cracking the door open a little), Grants room was somewhat messy, but at first glance not bad and they were playing a VERY intense game of I spy. So I let it go! By this point I have already made MULTIPLE mistakes! Oh what's one more-so I go downstairs for another half hour. So it has been one hour of happy bliss in a quiet house with children who are getting along sooo well(I also lost my phone so I don't hear that ring either-very quiet house.)
So we now have to answer

WHY are they getting along so well????!!!!????
Let me tell you!
After one hour I actually walk into the room to check on them

I find
-every book in their room on their floor
-every toy bucket dumped out
-3 broken toys
-2 empty sippie cups(that is alarming-WHERE is the water)
-Grants 400 ish piece diego game on the floor
-everything from on top of his bed bookcase on the floor
And then I see IT!!!
-2 bowls
-1 EMPTY BOTTLE OF DORA LOTION(OH NO!!!!)

They had taken the dora lotion and put it into two bowls, with the water, mixed it with some spoons AND GIVEN SOME OF LUCIES BABIES A BATH(IN GRANTS ROOM).
Water and lotion are all over the place.

So due to my action of ignoring my angelic children for one hour I spent 45 minutes sitting in Grants room watching them clean-making sure to put everything away.
I am exhausted-I need a long backrub and a longer nap!!!

Therefore tonight I am treating myself to...

A fun filled family fun night at the ymca with a lot of people, even more kids, NOISE, NOISE, NOISE! Just what I need right now...I don't mind passing up a backrub and a nap for 2 hours of watching my kids laugh and play.

In my life a backrub will never come and I will probably get a nap right before my backrub!!

No comments: