Thursday, July 15, 2010

Our First official Flood!

We have been in our house a little over a year and we had a lot of pretty strong storms last night. We woke up and went outside to let the dog go potty and our side street is horribly flooded. The strong winds knocked over my gladiolas-most of which are broke and I will need to pull them out. The kids were amused by the street and thought it was hilarious. We have been told that behind our house has flooded in the past so we went to look and sure enough it flooded, but then I noticed my GARDEN!!!




Almost all of my corn was blown over and broke. My cherry/grape tomatoes that were as tall as I am are blown over and I can't tell yet if they will make it. Some of my normal tomatoes are tipped and their wire cage was pulled out of the ground!! Oh I am so sad!! I love my garden, I am a little sad because this was my first year gardening and I had great plans for my garden!! We were however fortunate with no tornados that we could have gotten!!




No comments: