Monday, June 23, 2008

Always Something!!!

So last tuesday Lucie got a mosquito bite on her back. Overnight it turned into two bites, by Friday it was a bunch of little red bumps on her back and it started to wrap around to the front. So I take her to the doctor!! His diagnosis is........

Chicken Pox-that is just great. He said she wasn't at the contagious point on Friday so she could dance on Saturday if it looked the same, and it did so she danced. He said it isn't all over because she got her immunization for it so it is just a mild case!! By Monday it is contagious and she can't go to school all week, so bless my moms heart she is keeping her so I can still work.

Then Saturday night I notice a splinter in her foot, I tried to take it out and couldn't, by Sunday night she was limping. So Monday morning I take her in AGAIN to the doctor to take out her splinter. He numbed it and tried for five minutes to get it out first with tweezers and then he used a scalpel to cut it out. It was so deep that it kept bleeding too much for him to take it out, so he called the nurse it. So I held her down, the nursed wiped the blood and the doctor took it out!! She kept saying "no mommy stop", it was really sad. In the end it turned out to be sliver of metal, I have no clue where she got that. She now has a little hole in her foot!



It was soo horrible they gave her a little bear!!


I was able to take the kids fishing with Josh this weekend and got a cute picute of Grant fishing!!

3 comments:

Raina said...

Hey this is Raina Dale's wife! Sorry it took me so long to reply to your comment on my blog. I had computer problems but it was always in the back of my mind. Cute kids! That is too bad with chicken poxs and the sliver! When it rains it pours!

Candice said...

Hey guys! Good to see your blog! Your little Lucie looks just like Josh! I love it! I"m glad you found my blog too! By the way, our last name is Bairn, without the s

My World said...

Hi Shana and Josh! I just found your blog and think your kiddos are WAY TO CUTE!!! I'm sorry to hear about the chicken pox! At least it happened after the dance recital! That way she could participate and infect everyone!!! :) That's the way it goes! Hope you are doing great!