Monday, December 17, 2007

Monsters in our house






We don't let our son watch scary movies, or violent movies, but lately he has been on a monster kick. On Saturday I heard him saying "hi-yeah" over and over so I went in the kitchen to see him practicing his monster fighting skills with a green pack-n-play stick and pick mittens on(the pink mittens must be an intimidation factor). He told me that he was going to fight the monsters that were going to come up from the basement. A little later he tied a toy to his belt and dangled down the basement steps. He is also very persistent on leaving the basement door open and the light on. He tells Lucie and I that he is going to fight the monster and we can hide. He will also just sit on the couch and watch TV with his pink mittens on!!

Then today we were making sugar cookies and Grant asked for some dough and I thought he was going to go upstairs and eat it, so I gave him some(that is part of the fun of cooking). About 15 minutes later I found a trail of cookie dough on each step going upstairs. And again I asked what he did-knowing the answer that I will get and sure enough he said "Mom that is for the monster to come up and I will fight him."

It is so funny, he isn't a violent fighter and he doesn't fight everyone-he is a very gentle child but for whatever reason he feels he is here to rid us of our monsters. So for everyone out there who is trying to catch a monster-try cookie dough-it might work for us!!!

2 comments:

Marc, Miranda, Maycie and Nash said...

I think he got the pink mitten idea from Josh...Josh has always liked the color pink!

And what was he kissing up for...he must of done something wrong to bring home flowers!

don't we just love Josh!

Marc, Miranda, Maycie and Nash said...

Okay...I have to apologize! I was just kidding...

I think it's nice Josh brought flowers home...I'm just jealous!