Saturday, October 27, 2007

Church Halloween Party






As I was getting the kids dressed last night for the church Halloween Party I realized that even though I didn't want to, I made the right decision as a parent. I wanted all of us to go as the Wizard of Oz. Grant would be the lion, Lucie the Good Witch, Josh the scarecrow and myself Dorothy. From the beginning Grant was dead set on being Spiderman, even though he has never seen Spiderman and doesn't own a spiderman toy. So I decided to let him be spiderman. He was sooo excited since the first minute I put his costume on. He was jumping around the house being such a proud little spiderman. Then when I painted a web on his face he stared in the mirror and admired how cool he looked. Lucie was easy, she was just a ballerina, which she enjoyed as well.

After I got the kids ready, and they left, it really hit me that I wouldn't be going. The house was sooo quite, and I got sad at the thought that I wasn't there to see how excited they got. Grant did win the cake walk, and Josh took some pictures.

Grant-who has a heart of Gold-came home and I told the kids I missed them, to which he said, "momma next time I stay home with you" how do you not cry to that. I then told him "No honey next time I will go with you" and he said "yeah momma then it will be really fun". Anyway, enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

Tiffanyrose said...

We are going to be The Wizard of OZ crew!! Andy is Glinda, Kenna is Dorthy, Porter is the Scarecrow, I am Aunty Em, Brandon is Uncle Henry. Then we have our friends and neighbors in the crew as well. We have a flying monkey(he is just a little baby) his mom is going to be the Wicked Witch, then his older 2 1/2 year old brother is the Tin Man. In another family we have another Dorothy and her little baby sister is Toto. Then we have in another family, the Cowardly Lion and another Glinda. It will co awesome, I will totally post pics when we get them!!