Sunday, February 22, 2009

First Trip to the Zoo this year.

So on Friday I took the kids to the Zoo, I have felt like a deadbeat mom because my last couple of days off I have stayed home and cleaned so no matter what-we were going to the Zoo! It was a balming 20 degrees out, but that didn't stop us. There were almost no animals outside so we had to go inside. We did have two memorable animal experiences. We were in the lion house and two lions were fighting/playing and they would run up to each other and jump at each other, etc. It was AWSOME(like Grant says).


Grant was helping Lucie pull the "ARE YOU AS STRONG AS A BABY GORILLA" thing.


Lucie went up to an exhibit and she couldn't see anything inside so she put one hand on the glass and her head on the glass and then she turned and looked at me with the back of her head on the glass. Just then a baby monkey came up to the glass where she was and put his hand right on top of hers and pressed his head to the glass right on hers. I was so excited I told Lucie to turn around and it scared her so she ran away. When I finally got her to go back the monkey was just peering over the edge. I am NOT an animal person but this was sooo sweet!!




SOOO EXCITED
Do you remember being a kid and getting something you had wanted for a long time, as soon as you got it you wore it/used it/etc. even if it didn't make any sense to at the time. Well on Saturday we went to the outdoor outlet mall about 45 minutes away. Grant had been asking for sunglasses for quite awhile since he lost his last ones. We went to Childrens Place and they had killer sales-including there sunglasses!! So I bought him a pair and he was in heaven. He had to wear them the rest of the time, so there we were outside, with a windchill of close to ZERO, it was snowing and we had HORRIBLE blowing snow-and this was my son, you can see the JOY on his face!!!

No comments: